Human Resources Representative
We are looking for a Human Resources Representative who will provide a variety of administrative services to support recruitment, reporting and leave tracking across the company.
- Assists in hiring process by writing and posting ads, reviewing resumes and performing telephone interviews and reference checks.
- Leverages Social Media to enhance the profile of open positions.
- Establishes contact with local colleges near our facilities to enhance Mohawk’s visibility to graduating students.
- Attend college job fairs to ensure a stable compliment of technical employees.
- Maintains the employee handbooks at all locations with updated policies and other pertinent information, as needed.
- Provides excellent customer service to employees by answering their questions quickly and accurately.
- Support review process by sending reminders to supervisors, tracking and following up with appropriate paperwork.
- Tracking of leaves through-out the company including but not limited to disability, FMLA and Paid Family Leave. Including sending out paperwork and following up on missing information.
- Research and register employees for training on an as needed basis.
- Provide monthly, quarterly and annual reporting to management to help with overall communication across the company.
- Conduct exit interviews with employees who have resigned.
The right person for this role is a self-starter with a strong attention to detail and ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality. The following are also required:
- Bachelor’s degree in Human Resources or related major
- Two years’ experience in Human Resources or Recruiting.
- Social Media skills
- Extensive knowledge of computer software (Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe)
- Excellent communication, organization, interpersonal, problem solving and follow up skills.
- Ability to learn systems, processes and adapt to change
- Presentation and networking skills
- Attention to detail in composing, typing and proofing materials and meeting deadlines.
Mohawk is committed to being a great place to work. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision plan
- 401(k) 50% match up to 6%
- Student Loan Paydown Program
- Parental Leave
- Generous PTO Program
- Education Assistance
E-mail your materials to [email protected]. Files may be no larger than 250k and must be in Microsoft Word® or Adobe® PDF formats.
Or send your resume and/or Mohawk application to:
Mohawk Fine Papers Inc.
465 Saratoga Street
Cohoes, NY 12047