We are looking for a Facility Planner who will be responsible for creating, planning and managing production schedules to support Mohawk’s inventory demand plan and customer delivery requirements while optimizing efficient machine changeovers.
- Create, plan and manage production schedules to meet both company and customer requirements while optimizing productive capacity.
- Work closely with Production Planning, Manufacturing/Operations, Finance, Inside Sales, Sales and Vendors to balance supply and demand in order to optimize inventory levels across the company.
- Work with Product Management to develop and manage long range material planning forecasts, while considering current inventory, obsolescence, lead times and production capacity.
- Perform production control including creation and release of shop orders, monitoring production floor status and capacity planning.
- Properly manage for planned machine shutdowns and be able to effectively react to unplanned downtime due to manufacturing issues.
- Identify and implement system and process improvements to enable continuous improvement within the supply chain.
The right person for this role will have the ability to learn and administer finite production scheduling systems across complex manufacturing and converting operations and have the followings qualifications:
- Bachelor’s degree required with Supply Chain Management major preferred.
- Three to five years of demonstrated understanding and experience with machine planning and scheduling.
- Ability to work with key business areas to achieve business goals and objectives.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to interact with internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated decision making, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast paced manufacturing environment.
- Supply chain experience of 3-5 years or certification preferred.
- Experience with MRP systems, experience with Greycon scheduling software suite is also preferred.
- Strong PC skills including Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
Mohawk is committed to being a great place to work. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
- Medical, dental and vision plan
- 401(k) 50% match up to 6%
- Student Loan Paydown Program
- Parental Leave
- Vacation and Holiday Pay
E-mail your materials to [email protected]. Files may be no larger than 250k and must be in Microsoft Word® or Adobe® PDF formats.
Or send your resume and/or Mohawk application to:
Mohawk Fine Papers Inc.
465 Saratoga Street
Cohoes, NY 12047